Important Information About Procedures for Opening a New Account With Dorsey & Company Inc.
To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account. Dorsey & Company Inc. falls under the definition of "financial institution."
What this means to you:
- When you wish to open an account with Dorsey & Company Inc., we will ask for your name, address, date of birth, taxpayer identification number and other information which will allow us to adequately identify you.
- For U.S. Citizens: social security number and drivers license number.
- For Non-U.S. Citizens: taxpayer identification number, passport number, and country of issuance, alien identification card number, or government-issued identification showing nationality, residence, and a photograph of you.
- For institutions: employer identification number, certified articles of incorporation, government-issued business license, a partnership agreement, or a trust agreement.
- We may also ask to see, and make a copy of, your driver’s license, passport or other appropriate identifying documents.
Thank you for your assistance in this matter of greatest importance as we all make every effort to combat terrorism, the funding of terrorism and other illegal money laundering schemes.